Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So Much to Blog About...So Little Time!

Where to start???

Well, Adele is definitely teething right now. We can see two little bottom teeth just below the gumline. Unfortunately, her teething has lined up exactly with our trip to Wisconsin to see Memaw and Gramps. To her credit, she has been a little trooper though. She has spent the last 3 nights in differet places...Tim and Laura's, then Memaw's and then last night at a hotel. She doesn't really like sleeping in her pack-n-play, and spent most of Sunday and Monday night sleeping in my arms, so we asked the hotel for a crib...

Their "crib" was a pack-n-play. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that, given her track record with our p-n-p. Plus, it doesn't have the bassinet part that ours has, which means I have to bend all the way over the side almost to the ground to lay her in it.

I almost didn't even try last night. But, it's a good thing I did! She slept VERY well, despite a VERY late bedtime (10:30 our time...almost 3 hours late). She slept for almost 6 hours straight, and then gave me another 3 hour stretch before the sun came through the tiniest crack in the hotel window waking us both up.

What Else???

We all went to Olive Garden for dinner last night. Adele did a pretty good job while we all ate....much better than her last Olive Garden experience! She was very interested in my shrimp (but I didn't think she should try any just yet).
After dinner, it was clearly her bedtime. She fell asleep on the way to pick up Cookie from Memaw's house, but by the time we got to the hotel she was wide awake again (cat naps tend to do that to her...). Aunt Jenny had come over to swim, so we brought Adele down to the pool area rather than battling bedtime. It was so warm that I just had take her PJ's off and dip her little feet in! She seemed to like it, but I can't wait for today when we'll take her all the way in!

No comments: