Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Poor Baby!

Adele has had a stuffy nose for quite a while now. Sunday night was pretty rough, so I took her to the doctor on Monday. She didn't have an ear infection, and her chest wasn't congested, so Dr. Freeman told us to wait it out for the rest of the week (it had already been over a week since she first got stuffy). She also told me to give Adele some benadryl to help dry her out.

So, we picked up some benadryl and went out to lunch with Tisha. Adele was well behaved for the most part during our lunch and even let Tisha entertain her while I ordered my food. We went swimming that afternoon, and Adele was a happy baby! Monday night she slept really well, only waking up twice all night long! (I'm thinking that I have the benadryl to thank for that one...)

Tuesday she was still very stuffy, and she took an over-2 hour nap in the afternoon. (Again, thanks to some benadryl, which wasn't really clearing her up, but it was helping her sleep!) We went for another dip in the pool, and she was her usual happy self, just a little stuffy. We went to one of our free concerts, but didn't stay long because we didn't want to mess up bedtime.

We definitely won't be going to any more concerts. It took almost 2 hours to get Adele to sleep, and she slept one three-hour stretch. Then she was pretty much awake on and off for the remainder of the night (From 12:45 to 7:45). She was having such a hard time breathing that she really could only sleep when upright. Mommy and Daddy are exhausted! Daddy took a shift from about 2 until 4, and I bounced her from 4 until she fell asleep around 6:45. She would wake up and fuss if we stopped bouncing, but I was so tired it was hard to keep up for hours on end!

Finally, she slept on me in the rocking chair for about an hour starting at 6:45, and when she woke up I noticed that she was really hot, so I took her temperature (the doctor told us to watch for a fever) and my thermometer said 102! I tried again in the other ear and it was 101.5, regardless, we decided to call the doctor back! Dr. Freeman is out today, so she saw Dr. Slavens (with daddy....I was at the dentist) and was diagnosed with a sinus infection...yup, she really is a Gropp! (As if her resemblance to Daddy wasn't enough proof!) So, our challenge for today is to figure out how to get some amoxicillin into her...she learned very quickly how to spit out the benadryl!

It is so sad seeing her sick like this. She just isn't herself at all. I guess she did play a little with Daddy while I was at the dentist, but mostly she just wants to cuddle...and grab onto Mommy!

Hopefully she'll learn to take her medicine and will be back to feeling herself in no time!

1 comment:

Amber Connors said...

Poor sweetie. You can see she feels terrible. 102 degrees would scare me too! Fell better Adele!