Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin, Pumpkin!

One of my earliest memories is of a pumpkin. Aunt Katie and I had a pumpkin (just one?) that seemed HUGE! I don't know how old we were, but I'm guessing about 17 months (it probably wasn't at 5 months...hehehe). Anyway, from the pictures I remember seeing, it wasn't that big, but as I said, we were little, so it seemed gigantic. I remember that it was a lot of fun! I am hoping that Adele feels the same way about her pumpkin neven though she probably won't remember this Halloween. So far she gets excited when she sees the pumpkins, and she is obsessed with the stem on the big one. She has literally pulled it apart...little stinker!

"Hey, I like these big orange things! What's that thing on the top?"

"Oh, hi Mom!"

So big!


"There, I almost got it off!"

"All you need is a face"



On another note (I'm writing this way down here so as not to brag...) we had TWO good nights in a row! (A 10-hour stretch Thursday night, and a 9-hour one last night). We've had very little napping over the last 3 days (not even half an hour today...), but VERY GOOD nighttime sleeping! I hope the third time's the charm and that a brand new nighttime sleeping pattern is set. Ah...glad I got that out. I'm sure in a month or two I'll be trying to remember the time when Adele actually slept through a night...twice. (And technically...she didn't sleep through. She nursed at 5:30 on Thursday night and 4:30 last night, then woke up for good around 7, but I'm still counting it!)

No comments: