Monday, October 13, 2008

So....

Last night wasn't as great as the previous nights, but it was still a great night!

Yes, she was up 3 times before Daddy and I headed off to bed, but she finally went to sleep for good. She woke up one more time around 12, but went back to sleep on her own, and then at 3:30 when she woke up I fed her. She went back to bed until 7. So, yes she was up 5 times in all, but she only ate at one of them.

We had a busy day today. At lunch, Miss Adele started to sign the word "more." She DEFINITELY wanted MORE Goldfish crackers! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure she shouldn't eat them. She's all broken out again, and they're the only new food I've introduced recently. I've been reading up on oat and barley allergies, and it seems they're all in the "Wheat Allergy" family, so I'm going to stop giving her wheat. She hasn't seemed to be too affected by MY eating wheat (thank goodness...), but I'll see what the doctor has to say next week. Now I just have to find some finger foods that she LOVES as much as those yummy Goldfish!

We went to the Y and Adele played while I swam laps, then we did some swimming together. She had a blast! There were several children swimming, and one other baby who was probably just over a year old. All of the children LOVED watching Adele, and the other baby's brother and sister kept telling their mom to have that baby do the things Adele was doing (swim on her back, jump into the water, etc). It was SO cute. I felt very proud of Adele (Especially since the other baby couldn't do those things....) While she and I swim, I often make "comments" for Adele. I'll say, "Adele says, 'Mommy, I don't want to go on my back now'" or, "Adele says, 'I like jumping in!'" One of the little boys who was also swimming heard a few of these comments and asked me, "Is she really telling you all that stuff?" I thought it was TOO cute!

She did get a bit crabby this afternoon, but I definitely blame that on her naps! Since she's been sleeping so well at night, her naps have been...hmm...dwindling? She will still maybe take two naps but they don't last more than 10 or 15 minutes each. After an all too brief afternoonnap (10 minutes, tops), she tuckered out quickly. We went outside and blew bubbles, played "peek-a-boo" with Cookie (yes, Cookie behaved while I covered and uncovered her, while Miss Adele giggled and giggled) but she got VERY fussy VERY fast! I took Miss Fuss for a walk and by the time we got home, Daddy was home too, so she forgot all about being fussy and played nicely with him while I made dinner.

She went to bed easily and hasn't made a peep yet, so I'm hoping for another good night!

I didn't take any pictures today, but here's one from the pumpkin patch at Church yesterday:
"I'm cute, and I know it!"

1 comment:

Katie said...

Adele knows how to jump into the water and swim on her back? Are you helping her do those things? (Surely you need to hold her hands so that she can stand up in order to jump in . . . ) She's a big girl!