She woke up in time to say "bye bye" to Daddy. Then she kept on saying "daddy" all day long. Some of it was just babbling, but some of it was DEFINITELY saying "dada" and "daddy". We have a little cube that holds 5 pictures in it. One of the pictures is of Daddy, and she carried it around ALL day saying "dadada". It was pretty much priceless. (Although, it would've been better if she was saying "mamama"...right?). Here she is standing on my leg, leaning on the couch, "talking" to her Daddy Cube. She stood there for quite some time. (I think I pulled something in my back reaching for the camera, but I thought she was just too funny standing there on my knee as if I wasn't even there.)
It was pretty chilly outside today (I think the high was 46) so on our morning walk, I put her in the Maya Wrap and zipped her up into my jacket. I wish I would've taken a picture, we looked pretty toasty! The perfect day for snuggling, which worked out well! She was super snuggly all day long. I think she's not feeling very well. She threw up once yesterday and twice today, not a lot, but it definitely was throw up, not just spit-up. (I'll spare you the details). She also has a rash all over her back, neck and chest, and the rash that's pretty much been permanent in her diaper area looks worse too. (On a good note though, I'm pretty sure that she's NOT allergic to wheat, which is a HUGE relief!!!) And one eye is runny and rashy. Poor girl! Despite being in such rough shape, she napped well today and was clingy but happy. We must have read her books a dozen times each! She just wanted to sit and snuggle. I like days like that! Especially when I see how big she is getting, I know she won't be my little baby forever! (Believe it or not, I've actually MISSED going into her room for those middle of the night feedings the past two nights 'cuz that is one of my favorite times to snuggle her!)
For dinner tonight she ate what we were eating again (although, this time hers was all mashed up) we had cod, broccoli and sweet potato...well, Adele and I did, at least. Daddy's not really a broccoli fan, plus, there was one helping of ribs leftover still. She did have some bites of my fish (not mashed up with broccoli and sweet potato) and LOVED it! She loved her chunks of chicken at lunch today too. She is turning out to be quite the little meat eater!
Tonight she entertained herself for a LONG time (it's hard to say how long, but I'd guess that it was over 10 minutes) playing with one of Daddy's shoes. She bites the shoelace (I know, I know...eew!) and then takes it out of her mouth with a disgusted look on her face. She does that over and over again. It's pretty cute! We should probably tape her doing this at some point!
Speaking of taping her, stay tuned, Daddy is working on a project as I type :)
No comments:
Post a Comment