I'm almost embarassed to admit that it's 9:30 and our New Year's Eve celebration has already come to an end. We met Kay, Heath and Will at Puccini's (Adele was adorable. We were seated right by the door, so she waved at almost everyone who came into the restaurant). Then we came back to our house to play some cards (I put Adele down first.) Will played Leggos and watched 101 Dalmations on his own....4 year olds are pretty cool that way!
At the risk of sounding sappy:
Tonight we say goodbye to 2008.
A lot has changed this year, that's for sure! This year I became a mom to the most precious little girl ever. Our house has been transformed from a house awaiting an infant to a house that is almost completely toddler-proofed (Is that a word?). I wrote my first blog...and kept on writing...that may have been my biggest shocker! (Although Daddy complained the other day that all I do anymore is post pictures with captions....) I know for a fact that I've slept less this year than any other year in my life! (Especially this past week-Adele has been getting up at 5 or 5:30 for several mornings now...argh!!).
I have two official weekdays left as a "stay at home mom" and then I go back to work on the 5th. As I was getting my classroom ready the other day, I was excited to find out that I'm feeling ready to go back to work, but it is a very bittersweet excitement! Especially because Adele has been a total "Daddy's Girl" lately (she hurries up to finish both of her remaining nursing sessions so that she can go snuggle her daddy...how's that for rejection???). She will start her new daycare with Miss Jenny on Monday, but we will take her over to Miss Jenny's on Friday for a few hours to help them get acquainted to each other.
Looking forward to next year, I'm not really going to make any resolutions (I've never been good about making resolutions anyhow). I'm just going to really hope for an easy transition back to the workforce (for both Mommy and baby!) I can't wait to see what 2009 holds for our precious Miss Adele!
Happy New Year everyone!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Being the working mom of a toddler isn't easy, but the best part is that you're not alone! I'll be thinking of you on Monday. :-)
Post a Comment