Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Yeah....

Now I remember.

I had actually intended to write a blog about Miss Adele...not me and my chapped hands.

Adele started to play a new "game" with me today. I guess I'd call it the "thank you" game...? She takes a toy, hands it to me, and I say, "thank you." Then I give her the toy back, and we start over. She played the "thank you" game with several toys (or "things" at least...) at different times throughout the day. It was very cute. She didn't say a thing, but I have a feeling that soon enough she'll start "talking" while we play too.

Speaking of talking, at her doctor's appointment this morning, she sat as quiet as could be. She was actually a very patient patient this time. Until Dr. Freeman started giving her diagnosis, that is. Then Adele started gabbing away. Dr. Freeman's voice rose. So did Adele's. It got prett loud. So loud, in fact, that I'm sure patients in the waiting area could successfully treat pink eye. It was actually pretty cute that Adele wanted to be the "Doctor" that much.

On the ride home I had to tell her that if she really wants to be a doctor, she needs to learn to read and write first, then go to school, school and more school, and write papers, papers and more papers. Then, when she becomes Dr. Adele, she can give instructions to patients just like Dr. Freeman.

No comments: