We arrived home safe and sound yesterday after a crazy but fun Thanksgiving weekend!
Adele got to see all of her relatives in just a few short days! She was such a trooper on this vacation! She is getting to be an old pro at riding in the car! She generally slept for about an hour for each leg of our journey, and spent the other 2-plus hours happily entertaining herself (with the help of whichever parent was sitting in the back with her). That's good, because of our 5 day trip, 4 days were spent driving at least 3 hours...argh!
In Wisconsin, Adele ate got some "just because" presents from Memaw (clothes and toys, fun fun fun!). She looked so cute in her new outfits! She also played with Gramps' silly mustache. She had a blast opening and closing the kitchen cupboards too! She slept well both nights there...yay! And she even took a nap for us!
At Tim and Laura's, Adele had fun playing with one of James' toys (now we know what to get her for Christmas!) She also loved the Christmas tree (and it's ornaments!). She and James had some really cute moments while trying to "share" his toys. I think we have some of them on film, so stay tuned!
She also went to her first parade! There was a "Santa Parade" on Saturday. It was all of 10 minutes long (if that) but that was just about the perfect length for a baby! There were sirens that were a bit too loud for her, but other than that, she enjoyed watching the parade. She really loved the different "characters" (Pooh Bear, and elf, etc) handing out candy!
On Saturday night, we thought it would be fun to give Adele and James their baths together. It was fun for about two minutes, then I washed Adele's hair and it was all over. She cried like she was in pain! She hasn't been that upset at bath time in a long time (...like 6 or 7 months!) We tried to distract her, but she was done for. I guess it didn't help that it was already almost bedtime when we started the bath. (That was mostly my fault...we wanted to give her her medicine before the bath so that she wouldn't get her PJ's all sticky afterward.) Oh well. James didn't mind finishing the bath by himself, and Adele was clean, so that's all that mattered. Maybe next time, babies.
Fortunately she has gotten much better about taking her medicine, thank goodness! I was dreading having to give it to her myself in the mornings after Daddy leaves for work!
Last night Adele didn't sleep all that well, but she paid me back by taking a two hour nap this morning! I was shocked! When I put her down, I immediately started putting up Christmas decorations. I wanted to hurry in case she woke up. Well...the house is now decorated (and dusted, for that matter!). I couldn't believe she slept so long! I'm not expecting another nap like that anytime soon, but it was nice to get some work done while she rested!
Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post later, right now Cookie needs to be brushed...
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment