And I'm glad it's over!
Remember that story, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? Well, I think I could write the sequel after the day we've had!
Things were fine, at first. Adele slept in a little bit, so we got up around 8. Since she had slept in, she was ready for breakfast right away. That's when the trouble started. I had put some yogurt and a jar of baby food into one of her bowls, and set it on the table. Then I started getting my own breakfast ready. I heard a loud crash and turned around to find yogurt and baby food everywhere. All over the floor, her high chair, her PJ's, and even on Cookie! I guess Adele was close enough to the table that she could reach the bowl, and she knocked it right off the table. My bad!
After I got her cleaned up (and fed her a second bowl of the yummy mix), we headed upstairs so I could shower. I have a bunch of toys in our bathroom that she plays with while I shower. She wasn't at all interested in the toys today. She screamed the entire time, which I felt horrible about! As soon as I was dry, we headed downstairs for a change of scenery. What a change! There was garbage all over the downstairs! I had left the garbage can out after cleaning up Adele's mess, and yogurt happens to be Cookie's favorite "people food." She had licked all of the paper towels clean and carried "goodies" (wrappers, dirty kleenex, paper towles, etc) into every room! ARGH! Again, it was my fault because I had meant to take the bag of trash out after cleaning up the breakfast mess, but I must have forgot, and the trash can doesn't have a lid.
I pretended to be mad at Cookie, and made her stay outside while I cleaned the mess, but I couldn't really blame her, could I?
Adele fought her nap. I was taking her to get pictures taken, so I didn't want her to have bags under her eyes, but what could I do? She rested for a few minutes while I printed off coupons for her pictures, but she never slept. Needless to say, she wasn't exactly smiley at her photo shoot. She did take a couple cute pictures, but it was like pulling teeth just to get her to smile. Of course, while we waited for our proofs, she smiled up a storm for the lady at Starbucks, and the other woman at the photo place. (I partly blame our photographer for this one, she clearly had not worked with many babies.)
When we got home, we had yet another surprise waiting for us. Cookie has a football toy that is stuffed with tiny little styrofoam beads. I have had to sew it a few times because the beads find their way out of the seams. It was actually supposed to be put away because it had sprung a new hole, but Adele got to it yesterday and had it mixed in with her toys. I hadn't put it away yet, so Cookie got to it. (Hmm...whose fault do you suppose that was?) Well, there was no repairing it this time. Cookie had basically destroyed it, and it looked like it had snowed in the living room.
Adele basically refused to eat her lunch, aside from some puffs and cheese, but that's nothing new. She took a decent nap and I was able to do some of the cleaning I had actually planned on doing today.
At dinner, Adele was fussy again. I ended up feeding her bananas on my lap because I wanted her to eat SOMETHING. What do you know, she threw up. (Thank goodness for plastic bibs with pockets is all I can say about that!) I guess she wasn't just being fussy afterall. Poor little baby! She had a little fever and just wanted to snuggle. She ended up playing a little with Daddy while I cleaned up, but then went to bed early. She's already fussed twice, and I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. (We don't make her cry when she's sick...)
Surprisingly (to me, at least) despite all of our troubles today, I was able to just laugh everything off.
I know I promised pictures, but it's House and Fringe night so I'm BUSY!!! (Plus, I deserve a little break after the day that I've had!)
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds rough! hope today was better!
Post a Comment