Then I have to go back to work :(
Oh well...I'm too busy enjoying my baby to worry about that right now!
Adele went over to Laureli's today while I took Will bowling. I think everyone had a blast! Laureli skipped her morning nap because she was so busy playing with Adele, and I didn't even have Angelia try to put Adele down for a nap because I knew that would be a losing battle! (I guess we'll have to schedule all of our playdates for the morning from now on, since when I had them both in the afternoon they just took turns napping...) Adele wasn't at all fussy when I picked her up, so I can only assume that she had so much fun she forgot to get sleepy. When we got home, Adele ate lunch and took a 2 hour nap...yay!
One of Adele's favorite things to say is "Ada". It sure sounds like she's saying her own name, but I don't think that's what she means most of the time. Sometimes it means Dada, and others it means "What's that" (Something I've realized that I say A LOT during the day). Today Adele said a new "word" (...or something that sounded kind of like a couple of words at least.) In addition to asking "what's that" throughout the day, we go "looking" for things, and when we find them, I say, "There it is". One of Adele's favorite things to "find" is the picture of Daddy in the piano room. She can look through the banister on the stairs and see the picture (we often wave to "Daddy" when going upstairs). Today as we were headed up the stairs, Adele pointed to the picture and said "eah is". The "is" part was very clear. What a smart little girl!
Speaking of smart, Adele has learned some of the figures in her nativity set. She definitely knows Mary, and sometimes she knows Baby Jesus. She also seems to know the cow, but gets it confused with the goat sometimes. All night tonight, we would ask her to find Mary and she'd go right over to Mary and pick her up! We do talk about the Christmas story several times a day, and she holds the figures from my "real" nativity set as well as the ones from her own. It's so cool to watch her recognize the figures! It really makes me wonder just how much she understands about the world!
Well, that's all for now. I hope I start feeling better soon so I can enjoy my last few days at home with my little girl!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment