Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eleven!

That's how many steps Miss Adele took in a row tonight! So...we're making progress! 7 days until her birthday!

In other news, bedtime has become a huge hassle lately. I think it is just part of Adele's adjustment to going to daycare at "Miss Jenny's". Adjustment or not, It's becoming pretty frustrating. She is taking great naps for Miss Jenny and is eating well, but at bedtime she acts as if she is starving, or exhausted, or like she just wants to play. She can't really decide. There has been a lot of screaming....that's been the one consistent thing!

I was lucky a few months ago when we decided to try and let her "cry it out" because that was exactly when she started sleeping through the night...what a lucky break (for both of us!) So, she's never really had to cry it out, and I am really having a hard time letting her cry now! I feel guilty for "abandoning" her all day, so when she wants (needs?) some extra attention at night, it's hard not to give it to her! I just hope this adjustment/phase/whatever it is passes quickly so that we don't have to resort to having her cry it out!

We had a two-hour delay today and have one again tomorrow...yippee!! But it's too cold to go outside to play, even just to take adorable pictures of Adele in the snow. But don't worry, we've got birthday party plans for this weekend, and that means LOTS of photographers, so I'm bound to post pictures again sooner or later!

1 comment: