Daddy and I decided that it was time to take Miss Adele back to the doctor. We were sure there was *nothing* wrong with her, and we'd walk out of the office emptyhanded, but we've been giving her cough medicine for at least 2 weeks straight, maybe even 3, and she's never really been "well" since her sinus infection back at Thanksgiving.
So, I called to talk to the nurse, and she agreed that it was time for Adele to see Dr. Freeman. No problem. I set up an appointment and put Adele down for a nap. She was still sleeping over an hour later when it was time to leave, so I had to wake her up. I hate waking her up! (Especially when she has been waking up so early in the mornings!). I loaded her into the car and it wouldn't start. I tried a few times with no luck. Finally I decided I'd better move the carseat to the truck if we wanted to make it to the doctor. I contemplated just cancelling her appointment, since I didn't think they'd be able to do anything for her anyway, but decided against that. It took a few minutes to get the carseat into the truck, the seatbelt almost wouldn't reach, but thankfully I got it to latch. I guess it's a good thing we're both home today so that we had a back up vehicle!
We made it to her appointment just on time...and then waited over an hour to see the doctor. I stayed in a good mood because I brought food for Adele, and even though it says "no food in office," I fed her anyway. (She's a baby, and it was lunch time!...and then an hour past lunch time!) She stayed in a good mood...thanks to those goldfish! And when Dr. Freeman looked in her ears, it didn't take long to see that she has a double ear infection!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've taken her in thinking she has an ear infection (she used to love pulling her ears) when she's been FINE...but today, when an ear infection is my least suspicion, she has one...well, two! Poor little girl! Thankfully her only "symptom" is her nagging cough (which is the reason behind her 5 am wake up time...she starts coughing and then can't go back to sleep) so she's in a pretty good mood. I just feel so dumb for not taking her in earlier! I guess her left ear is pretty bad.
So, I guess I get to add "first ear infection" to her list of milestones. (And speaking of milestones, Daddy gets to add "first time my car was towed" to his list.")
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
11 months and her first ear infection...not bad. I think we had 3 by 1 year. Feel better Adele!
I hope your first day back at work is a good one!
Post a Comment