Well, between our two lovely little ladies, Daddy and I got about NO sleep last night!
Adele took over an hour to fall asleep...most of that time was spent screaming, it seems.
Cookie was very snuggly while we watched Unforgiven, but I used that as an excuse to brush her. She was also snuggly at bedtime, but we just thought she was ready to go to bed! Around 11 she started racing around the room, stopping just to pant for a few seconds, and she was at it again. She would jump up on the bed, come stand right by our faces, then jump down again. I tried to get her to calm down for a while, but I decided that she must *need* something. I got out of bed and she was SO excited that she slammed me into the dresser (I have a nasty bruise even!) and nearly tripped me on the way downstairs. She went outside and sat in the yard, then started barking at something...who knows what. I finally got her to come back in the house, and she started all over again.
Next, I checked on Adele, thinking that maybe Cookie was trying to tell me she was in trouble. Nope, she was fine. Finally, Daddy took Cookie downstairs and slept on the couch by her. That was after midnight.
Around 2:30 Adele started crying. She cried for over 15 minutes so I decided to check on her. She signed milk right away, and with the night we'd already had, I wasn't going to fight her! She nursed until almost 3:30....ugh! I was too tired to try to lay her down and let her cry it out, so I just went with it.
So, with Adele back to sleep, I headed off to bed once again. Then at 5, I heard Cookie downstairs scratching at the baby gate (or so I thought...she was actually sticking her head through the banister, and trying to squeeze through there) trying to get upstairs. I didn't want to let her up, because I was SO afraid that she would continue her crazy behavior. She started barking even, and I heard Daddy scold her. That went on for at least half an hour, probably longer. ARGH!
Then at 7, Adele was up for good. I let her talk in her crib a little bit, but she wasn't very happy, and I wasn't able to sleep anyway. I brought her into our room to snuggle (and hopefully catch a few more zzz's) but she just kept looking for Daddy, so I gave up on the thought of more sleep and took her downstairs. Cookie was still crazy, so I let Daddy go back to bed (I truly think he had the more difficult time last night even though he did sleep through her initial craziness....)
Cookie continues to be crazy today, so Daddy is taking her to an emergency vet. Everything I read online sounds bad, but we're hoping for the best. It costs $90.00 just to walk in the door at the vet, since it's Sunday and all, but we definitely CAN'T have another night like last night!!!
So anyhow, that got me thinking about how last night was the 1 year anniversary of Adele's first night at home. I'm guessing that I got just about as much sleep then! Unfortunatley (...or maybe Forutnately) I have completely blocked it out! Except that we were afraid to let Adele sleep in the bassinet because we thought Cookie would knock it over...she was so over-excited when Adele made any little peep! I know that Daddy says that I had a much worse "first night" home than Adele did...whatever that means!
Here's to a good night's sleep tonight, and maybe some cute pictures when Miss One-Year-Old Adele wakes up from her nap :)
Oh...and the one good thing that came out of all of this is that Daddy and I are really learning what a good team we make!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, at least it wasn't a school night? Sorry about the rough night - I hope Cookie's ok. See you Saturday!
Post a Comment