Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day!

Well...I officially completed my first day as a working mommy. It went well...better than I expected, actually.

Here's how I knew I was going to be okay:

I was walking down the hallway to pick up my students from art class. I passed a little boy with a tardy slip. I smiled at him and said "good morning" then went on my way. It crossed my mind that he might actually be one of my students, but I kept on walking anyways. A few minutes later a teaching assistant brought the boy in to art. (Aha! He WAS one of my students...oops!). He was crying pretty hard. (You would be too if you were late for school and no one was in your room when you got there!) The assistant said, "Somebody is sad because he misses his Mommy. We think you could relate to that." Awww....

I did miss my little girl all day, but I didn't cry once. (Which actually surprised me a little bit).

Adele had a great day at Miss Jenny's. She even took two naps for her. Two LONG naps. I'm jealous! She was full of energy when she got home, so we played quite a bit! She ate her dinner VERY well...even for Adele! She put up a little stink about going to bed, but I blame myself because I kept her up a bit longer than I probably should have.

No comments: