Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Adele!

Wow! We made it through the first year!! I can't believe that my little baby is one!!! It has been a crazy year, but SO worth it! We love our little girl more than anything, and we can't imagine what our lives would be without her!

Here she was last year on her "first" birthday:

The cake the hospital gave us:
And this wasn't quite a year ago, but it was the day we brought her home:



Back to today:

I took the day off to celebrate with Miss Adele. We slept in...well, until about 7:15, but hey, I'll take it! She was cheerful and snuggly this morning, so I rolled with that too! We had a lazy breakfast of cream of wheat and read books and snuggled in the living room.

I must admit that I was a bit nervous about her morning nap...she's been fussing SO much when it's time to sleep lately. I wanted her to get a "good" nap in because she had her 1 year check-up at 11:30, and after that we had lunch plans with Jenn and Will. Fortunately, when I tried to put her down she complied. She fussed a little bit (okay...stood in her crib, reaching for me as I "snuck" out of the room...) but by the time I had finished a sudoku puzzle she was sound asleep.

I had to wake her up to take her to see Dr. Freeman, and when I did she gave me the BIGGEST smile! That might be the best difference between today and a year ago! She LOVES her Mommy and Daddy!

Dr. Freeman gave her an A+ again! She weighs 21 lbs, 15 ounces (75th percentile). Almost exactly tripling her birth weight of 7 lbs 4 oz (which is what she was supposed to do!) She is 30 1/4 inches tall, which is the 90th percentile...the same as she's always been. She stayed upset after her shots for quite a while this time, which was a bit rough for Mommy, but she finally settled down as we left the office.

We picked up Subway for Jenn and Will and headed over for lunch. Adele ate 3 meatballs off of my meatball sub! Don't worry, she saved some room for cake too! Will insisted on making her a cake. He told Jenn that Adele liked chocolate, and I'm guessing Adele "told" him that she likes orange too, because the writing was in orange frosting.
The cake was yummy, and Adele did a pretty good job of dividing the cake between her face, her belly and the floor.



We ate and played, and eventually it was time for Jenn to get back to her daycare kiddos, and time for Miss Adele to take another nap. She didn't fuss too much for her afternoon nap either, and I was actually surprised that she slept! Only for about 30 or 40 minutes (Ha..."only!") but I was able to rest a little bit too!

When Daddy got home, I took the girls for a walk (it was REALLY nice out today) so he could get cozy and have a little rest. Then it was time to make dinner. I made Adele some Chicken Sausage Snails from a kid's cookbook I have. They were realy more like meatballs shaped into sticks, and I didn't decorate them like snails...that's too much work for something you're just going to eat! Adele liked them (I did too!) so I'm glad that the recipe made twice as many as it said it would! She also ate one of her new favorite foods....blueberries! She gets to eat "nekked" when she eats blueberries because they make such a mess!


Wow...that got long! If you prefer shorter posts, like the previous one with Daddy's video, LEAVE COMMENTS so that we know :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Adele! Do you have the book Blueberries For Sal yet? Maybe mommy should get it for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Adele!! I can't believe our LO's are 1 already :( time flies!! Hope it was a good day for her...