Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Playdate

Adele and I spent some of our afternoon across the street at Baby Laureli's house. She is just over 3 weeks old, and she slept the whole time we were there. It reminded me of Adele's first playdate at Ainsley's house...ahhh the "glory days" when she would sleep for hours on end!

Adele, on the other hand ate, (I fed her right before we left, but she snoozed while she ate and soon discovered that she was still hungry) then played, then showed off and did some awesome tummy time, took a tiny nap (after fussing...I wasn't so proud of her for showing off her fussing, but Laureli slept through it, so all is well!) and then woke up just in time to go home. Laureli's mom, Angelia and I had a nice time talking (and not all that much about baby stuff) too!

I've recently discovered a ton of "new mom's" on our block. As soon as the weather got warm, there were strollers EVERYWHERE! I've tried to at least learn the names of the mommies I meet, in hopes of future playdates!

Once again, I'm trying to get Adele back on her eat, play, sleep schedule. Something has messed her up, and I'm trying my best not to get too frustrated while she "remembers" how to nap in the crib! She's been doing a lot of "sleep-eating" lately, and doesn't want to fall asleep unless she is nursing. In addition to running lots of laundry, I'm even having to resort back to the "sideways" hold that she hasn't needed since Easter! I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt, or that she is getting over a cold or what, but last night it took over 2 1/2 hours to get her to bed! Yikes! Then she really only slept one 6 hour chunk, and was ready to be awake for the day.

The good news is that (aside from some noisy chair issues) she went to bed early tonight. I'm sure I'll be up sooner rather than later to feed her, but for now she's asleep, and that's what matters!

No comments: