Mommy, that is!
Adele fell asleep while eating sometime around 6 last night. She never really woke up, so I put her to bed at 8. I was pretty nervous about this, but as I said yesterday, I'm pretty sure she's having a little growth spurt, so I didn't want to force her to wake up. I watched Bones and House in peace! (Although I was worried the whole time since she continued to sleep...)
I guess I was right to worry. She was up at 11:30, so I fed her and accidentally fell asleep in her chair. I woke up at 1:15 and decided to put her back in her crib. By 1:45 she was up again. I fed her (even though I was pretty sure she wasnt hungry, but she would just scream when I tried the paci) and put her back to bed. She was up again just after 2. At that point I decided to take her into the guest room and let her nurse while I slept. I think we did sleep from about 2:30 until 5, but then we were up on and off again until 7 when I decided that enough was enough!
Surprisingly I feel okay for having such a rough night, but I think that the chunk of sleep between 2 and 5 must be an important one, because that's the one I've been missing out on lately because after I feed her I can't turn my brain off and go back to sleep!
So, we got up at 7 and by 9 we were on our way to go vote and get groceries. She was a hit at the polling place (is that what it's called?) everyone wanted to see her and hold her (even though I kept her in the carseat...) Our trip lasted almost 2 hours, and Adele was quite the trooper! She didn't even fuss much at checkout! She did cry on the way home, and I had to carry her back and forth while I unloaded the car (which made unloading the car take at least twice as long as usual!!) but it was time for her to eat, and she had missed a nap! Eventually I had Adele and myslef fed and the groceries put away. I was able to put Adele down for a nap (and I swaddled her to be sure she'd sleep). Next up was to get dinner into the crock pot. With Adele still asleep, I found time to take a shower. I suppose I could even be dusting, but I don't want to push it! (or I don't want to dust...hmmm....)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment