I'm pretty sure Adele is having a growth spurt. All she has done today is eat and sleep...often at the same time. I don't mind so much today because it is suddenly full-force allergy season around here! Even Daddy is miserable with allergies! This afternoon, I gave in and took some benadryl which makes me sleepy, groggy and not at all excited about entertaining a three-month-old! (And considering I only took 1/4 of a dose, I am pretty sure that's NOT why Adele is so sleepy today!)
We did manage to go in the stroller during one of her few "awake" times today. I think going out in the Bjorn (which I've done almost every day since figuring out she liked it) has helped tremendously, because she hardly fussed in the stroller, and when she did, I'm pretty sure it was because she was sliding down and uncomfortable (the stroller is a bit awkward for her...I'm gonna look into using a blanket to prop her up).
We also went to Starbucks (I needed some caffeine...and this was before the benadryl....) and she was an angel in the car! I noticed on Saturday that she would get quiet when the car was moving, and only fuss when we were stopped, so maybe she's turning that corner too!
Aside from her two amazing "trips" today, she's been very fussy during her awake time...she is okay for about half an hour and then nothing (well, aside from food, that is) will console her. She has fallen asleep EVERY time she has eaten, and I think her longest time between eating today has been 2 hours...ack! I did get her into the crib for one nap. I skipped all my work and promptly put myself down for a nap, which was a good thing, becuase she only slept for half an hour. She was unswaddled though, which I've been working toward! (At least all of my hard work with getting her to nap in her crib wasn't undone today, right??? Sometimes it just feels so good to hold her while she sleeps!!!)
Oh well, despite her fussiness, I still think she is the sweetest (and cutest) baby ever! I actually thought to myself during one of her crying fits, "remember when she was like this ALL the time???" It really does get easier, doesn't it?
Sorry, no pictures right now because she's asleep on my lap and the camera is in the other room, but I took some cute ones today, so I'll be sure to post them later!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Adele,
What are you getting your mommy for Mother's Day? (She has a birthday coming up too, you know.)
Love,
Aunt Katie
Post a Comment