I am SO sad that Aunt Katie is leaving tomorrow. There is a house for sale just down the street...I'm considering putting an offer in and chaining Katie to it so she can't leave. She actually looked at the same house a few years ago when it was for sale before...its an omen (right, Jenny?!)....I am seriously considering hiding her car keys or something!
This visit was the first time that I allowed my "help" to be truly helpful....don't get me wrong, all of the yummy meals were definitely appreciated, but I never really had a break from being " the mom" before, while everyone else waited on me, I still had to tend to Adele pretty much the whole time we had "help" staying here. Now, Adele is finally to the point that I could leave her with Aunt Katie for a while (a few hours, even) while I rested....or at least took a break, since I'm still having troubles napping!
Adele has had 3 good nights in a row, so hopefully she is going to be done with her "waking up every hour or two" phase for a while again! (Uhoh, now that I've said that, she'll get back into her nightwaking pattern, right?) Last night was especially good, because she went to bed around 8:30, was up at 1 (a 4 1/2 hour stretch) and then didn't wake up until 5:50...a second over-4 hour stretch in one night...I don't think she's EVER done that!)
That being said, today was a busy day! Aunt Katie came in especially handy when I took Adele to school one last time this school year. I had a few things to take care of in my room, and the PTO puts on a luncheon for the teachers, so I brought Adele and Aunt Katie with me. We stayed for quite a while, and Katie kept Adele entertained while I took care of my things...which ended up being much less time consuming than I had thought, so I got to spend some time chatting with friends. Yay!
It was also bath night, and Aunt Katie was especially useful since Adele figured out that she can hold onto/pull on the sides of her tub and sit up in the bath....aye aye aye! I think I'll have to start putting her little tub in the big tub upstairs, the kitchen sink is too high if she's going to be pulling herself up in her tub! After her bath, while I was drying her off, she was looking so intently at her tub, it was almost like she was trying to read the warning label on it. She has become so alert, and she's getting such a little personality...which reminds me a lot of her Daddy...serious one minute, then laughing and goofy the next.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment