Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Perfect Morning!

I can't say, "A Perfect Day" yet or the afternoon will suck, but so far it's been a great day! Adele woke up earlier than she has been, but that was okay, because it's GARAGE SALE DAY! Ya-Hoo!

We had bad storms last night, but Adele slept through them...she didn't seem to notice the thunder or lightning at all. We camped out in the living room for an hour or so while the worst of the storms passed, but she slept soundly right by me on the couch. I did bring her into bed with me around 1 when she woke up to eat, but I was confused and thought that we had just gotten back upstairs. I planned on feeding her in bed, then putting her back into her crib, but that never happened....so we got some good snuggle time in last night!

Daddy slept in the guest room to give us girls some space, but he didn't sleep well at all...poor guy. Fortunately, he was in a good mood this morning despite a bad headache, and commented on how happy he is with all of his girls! I suppose that it helps that he's on summer vacation for the next several weeks!

So, after some "family time" over breakfast, we headed out to the garage sales. Daddy had Adele in the Bjorn, which left all of our hands free to grab lots of baby stuff at the sales! Adele was quite the trooper, we probably walked 2 miles or more around the neighborhood, stopping at all of the sales we saw. She was very happy to be tagging along, and when she got sleepy, we took her out of the bjorn and I held her while she took a nap (I do wish she would fall asleep when facing toward a person in the Bjorn, but she loves to be held...especially by me...and was out in no time, so I can't really complain!)

We stopped home to refuel and then headed out once more to score loads of baby/toddler clothes for dirt cheap....some even had price tags on them still! This time we took the stroller and Adele was pretty content to hang out in the shade with Daddy while I grabbed armfulls of outfits for $1.00 each!

She's now sleeping peacefully in her crib, and I have homework to do....I'll have to post pictures later, haven't done that for a while!

No comments: