Don't say anything at all....right?
Well, that's why I haven't Blogged for a few days! I had such a peaceful day on Friday, but by Friday night, my patience was...well, overtired!
Adele has basically become the worst sleeper for us! Her naps have become almost non-existent, and she is waking up every 2 hours or less overnight to eat (nothing else will work to get her back to bed). I feel like I've tried everything: swaddling, not swaddling, making the room warmer, making it cooler, feeding her more/less...ARGH!
At least this blog is good for one thing....Here are some of her previous "milestones" (or setbacks....):
At 7 weeks old (March 12), she slept 7 hours straight at night. She slept 8 or more over Easter weekend at Tim and Laura's.
April 16th was when I got her to take her naps in her crib, but last week she stopped sleeping for long there.
Apri 21st I wrote that she has started waking up more frequently at night (but she was still sleeping 4 hour stretches....)
So, my big question is: Why is she going backwards????? I'm exhausted, which makes me crabby, which makes me feel like a terrible mom! I am SO ready for this phase to end so we can be happy again!
The worst part is, I'm sure this is all just because she's a baby and perfectly normal. (Meaning: There's absolutely nothing we can do about it...we just have to deal with it the best we can) However, if you've read this blog at all, you probably know that I have been making a conscious effort not to start Adele on any bad habits (like always needing to nurse to fall asleep, only sleeping in my arms....etc) and I feel like I'm becoming the queen of bad habits by continuing to feed her when she wakes up in the middle of the night. But, its SO much easier just to sit in the chair and nurse her rather than bouncing her and singing to her and running laundry, all the while listening to her scream!
Crying with her doesn't help either....
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl. Hang in there. Evan regressed too. It had a LOT to do with those darn teeth that took about 10 weeks to come in! It's a balancing act that we haven't quite balanced yet either. We get 5-6 hour stretches at night now, but he still wakes up and is a real grouch to go back to sleep on his own.
Post a Comment