Friday, May 2, 2008

Open Mouth, Insert Foot!

I don't know what changed between last night and this morning (although it may have had something to do with Adele waking up TOO many times, therefore not getting enough sleep...) but today I tried letting her Cry It Out (CIO). I didn't do it on purpose..really!

She was ready for a nap around 9, and I tried the usual bouncing her with the paci for several minutes, but then I just HAD to go to the bathroom...so, put her in her crib, expecting her to cry the whole time, but knowing that I'd be right back to pick her up and bounce again. Well, she did cry, but only for a minute. By the time I got back to her room (the clock literally read one minute later...) she was just fussing a little. So, I walked down to my bedroom and started putting clothes away...just to see what she'd do. Well, what do you know, she fell asleep! I went in to check a few minutes after she got quiet, halfway expecting to see her staring up at her mobile, but she was out! She slept for almost two hours! Hooray!

I tried again for her nap at 12:30, I did rock her until she was "sleepy" and this time she was done crying by the time I got down the stairs. (I was planning on vacuuming to drown out her cries if necessary). I'm not sure if I'll try it tonight since Tim, Laura and James will be here, but if she's only going to cry for a minute, CIO won't be nearly as bad as I thought!!!

No comments: