Sunday, November 9, 2008

Good Eats!

Thursday's Dinner...she made her Daddy proud!
She actually ended up eating WAY more lima beans than that, and not really liking the french fries (maybe because they had no salt on them....even if you've never had fries before, it's just instinctual that they need salt, right?) She ate half of her burger too!

She ate her "leftover" lima beans for lunch on Friday and I couldn't feed them to her fast enough! (I can only give her 2 or 3 pieces at a time or she just keeps shoving food into her mouth). I had started out cutting the beans in half, but she was "chewing" them so well that I decided to try giving her whole beans, and she did a great job with them whole! (Yay...less work for Mommy!)

Last night, Adele ate an ENTIRE grilled cheese sandwich (I made it with hardly any butter, don't worry!) I didn't let her eat the crusts, becuase I didn't want her to choke on them, but holy cow, she ate the whole thing! I thought for sure I'd be able to finish some of it for her! She had carrots too (because I had tomato soup with mine...too salty for babies, but carrots looked about the same...lol). I think she likes eating like the "big" people!

Tonight I made stir-fry (well, really fried rice with pork...) and Adele ate all of the same ingredients as I did...just without soy sauce, and not fried, so it was a little healthier.) I did puree some of her rice and some of the veggies to make sure she got the proper nutrients out of her food, but I left plenty of "chunks" for her to practice her chewing!

It is SO much fun giving her new foods (or just preparing the same foods in a different way) for her to try! I'm so glad she's a good eater, from what I hear, we're pretty lucky with that! We're still trying to pinpoint some allergies, but we are getting used to finding things that she can eat that are also healthy for her!

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's all well and good to show us pictures of food on Miss Adele's plate, but when do we get to watch her stuffing lima beans into her face??!!??