Well, Adele and I are both feeling under the weather, still but that didn't stop us from going shopping with Jill today! (I figure, if I'm not sick enough for the doctor to give me any medicine, I'm not too sick to shop!)
Adele tried to be a good baby, but like I said, she's not feeling 100% either. I can't really pinpoint what's wrong, but I think her throat might be a little bit sore too. She's been very finicky about what she eats lately, and that's DEFINITELY not like her!
I actually think that if she'd been able to just crawl around the mall, she would have been fine! I did let her crawl a little bit in one of the stores, but that was crazy! She didn't want to crawl to Jill, or to me, so she would have been a huge pain if I'd actually let her crawl around! She went back and forth between the stroller and her sling, and I could usually curb her fussing by changing where she was "riding."
At one point, I stopped to feed her a bottle on one of the little benches outside of a store. Just as we were finishing, a lady came and sat next to us. She seemed pretty crazy, but I didn't mind at first, especially since I knew we were going to get up soon. I got Adele into the sling and suddenly the lady started trying to touch her face (She sits in the sling facing me, like I'm holding her on my hip) I wasn't too fond of that! Eventually we got away and headed into the store.
I guess two women started walking behind us. Suddenly I hear, "It looks like she's wearing a curtain" and then something about fashion and dressing like Carol Burnett. I was DYING inside! (Remember, I'm wearing Adele in the sling). Finally I turned a corner and they could see Adele. One of them said, "Oh, there's a baby in there!
Jill and I were separated at this point, so I called her so we could find each other. As I was telling her where I was, a guy stopped me and said, "Mrs. G, blah blah blah..." as I was on the phone. I had to say to Jill, "Um...just a minute, I guess someone is trying to talk to me." Did he not see that I was on the phone? It turns out he recognized me from working with a colorguard a few years ago. I guess it was just *that* important to say hi.
Eventually Jill and I found each other, and had a good laugh about my "curtain." At that point, both Adele and I had had enough of crazy shopping for one day!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should have told the curtain ladies that it is international baby wearing week! Frodo says there's nothing wrong with being a picky eater.
Are you going to keep blogging after you go back to work?
Katie,
Are you going to keep commenting after you go back to work?
Post a Comment