I feel SO much better now! I had a migraine, but my silly cold/sinus infection had me fooled into thinking that it was "just" a sinus headache...no wonder the tylenol wasn't working!
Thank goodness I decided to go ahead and try some migraine medicine! (I don't usually take migraine medicine unless I'm SURE I have a migraine because if it's really a sinus headache, the medicine doesn't work at all, so I end up "wasting" it...and it's EXPENSIVE! Unfortunately it can sometimes be very hard to figure out which kind of headache I have!)
Anyway....
To celebrate Adele's ten month "birthday" (or because we were too lazy/sick/whatever to cook) we went to Puccini's for dinner. I ordered Miss Adele some food off the menu for the first time ever. They had a "special" for little ones called the "finger plate" or something like that, which consisted of cheese, crackers and black olives.
Man oh man, did that little girl like her black olives! (well, I guess that's not entirely true...she liked the first few, but then just started sucking out the juice, and then spitting the olive back out). Just more proof that she is, indeed, my daughter. She may look just like Daddy, but she has my taste buds! I guess that's why Daddy won't let her even try coffee until she's in high school!
As I reported earlier, she was up WAY TOO EARLY (4:30) this morning because of her terrible cough. It sounds like it's going to be another long night, the poor little girl just keeps hacking away. We elevated her mattress, and I gave her benadryl to hopefully "dry" her up, but neither seems to be working yet. At least my headache is gone and my sore throat is manageable...oh, and it's the weekend, so if I end up staying up all night again, I know I can rest and nap some tomorrow while Daddy watches over Miss Adele. I don't know what I would've done without him today. He took both girls for a walk, took Adele swimming, put her down for her afternoon nap (and found it incredibly hard to lay her into her crib after she nuzzled into his shoulder...ahh...), and kept her entertained on top of continuing to babyproof the kitchen!
Have I mentioned that Adele is pretty smitten with her Daddy? She looks at him with such awe, and will look for him when he's not in the room. Sometimes when he leaves she cries like its the end of the world (fortunately that doesn't last long....for now) until I distract her. Yes, she is definitely a "Daddy's Girl" (But who wouldn't be with such a great Daddy!)
She doesn't really seem to notice me...probably because I'm almost always with her. (I typed that to make myself feel better).
But...this morning, when Daddy let me go back to sleep for an hour (I told you he was SuperDad today), Adele crawled up the stairs to see me...yes, ME! (And don't worry, Daddy was right behind her on the stairs). I actually got to witness the huge smile as it spread across her face at the sight of me. Talk about melting your heart!
Okay, I better stop blogging now, or I'm going to just have to go into that little girl's room and scoop her up out of her crib and snuggle her all night long! (of course, I might as well anyway...with the sound of that cough, she's not going to be sleeping through the night tonight!)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment