This morning, Adele was completely fascinated by Cookie's feet. She stood by the couch (yes, Cookie was up on the furniture) and pulled at Cookie's fur, touched her claws and the pads of her feet, looking up at both of us smiling and laughing. Cookie just put up with her (it helped that I was petting Cookie...plus, she knows that when she allows Adele to maul her, she ends up getting rewarded with treats big time!)
In other news, I'm feeling better...still sick but MUCH better than I was earlier this week. Now it just feels like I have a bad cold, not like my throat is going to explode out of my ears, so I'm making progress! If you ever go to the doctor and they tell you that you have a sinus infection, but won't treat you until you've been sick for two weeks, I definitely recommend Musinex.
Adele and I had a great morning...we actually played since I was feeling so much better, Yay! Aunt Katie gave her a "Little People" nativity set and while she was amused by it for all of two minutes yesterday, today she was much more interested in it. She carried one of the wise men around with her all day.
Ooh..funny story: as I was putting a few ornaments on the tree yesterday, I was wishing that I had a baby friendly Christmas decoration for Adele to play with while she "helped" me (She was grabbing ornaments and handing them to me...kinda scary!). Finally I remembered that I DID have an Adele friendly toy! The Nativity set from Aunt Katie! She gave it to us before Adele was born, and it was tucked away in her closet. So, I took it out, and Adele was pretty interested like I said, for about two minutes. Then she pretty much fussed if I even made her look at one of the pieces!
Anyway....after playing with her nativity set, we had lunch with Jenn. Surprisingly, Adele and Ainsley were BOTH awake this time! (Of course, Ainsley was SUPPOSED to be sleeping....) That's a first, and we have lunch together pretty frequently. At one point, the girls stood together, wrinkling up their noses and smiling at each other. It was so cute! (Aunt Katie: before you ask, Adele was holding onto the couch...but she is working on standing all by herself). We had a nice lunch and played a for bit and then we headed over to Target.
I wore Adele in the sling the whole time at Target and no one said anything about curtains. (Thank Goodness!) She snuggled right up into me the whole time we shopped (a whopping 30 or 40 minutes...). Sometimes she would pat or rub my back, too. It was so sweet! If she didn't get so heavy after a while, I would have stayed at Target for hours just to keep snuggling with her!
When Daddy got home from work, Adele was all smiles for him, too. I think my improved mood helped her be more cheerful too! (and even Daddy said tonight that I've been a trooper and haven't been too whiny since I've been sick!...but I am sick, nonetheless, so it's been hard to keep my energy levels up when playing with Little Miss all day long!) Anyway, as I said, she was all smiles for him. Wrinkley nose smiles. Daddy loves those! She snuggled in to him at one point too (which she almost never does), but was back to wrinkling her nose at him by the time I grabbed the camera.
It was hard to put Miss Adele to bed tonight. She was SO cute all day long, plus tomorrow she'll be 10, yes TEN months old!!! I can't believe it! Do you think she'd stop growing up so fast if I just held on to her really *really* tight???
I know I haven't posted pictures in a while...here's one from Wednesday (I think...):
Miss Crazy Hair Girl!
1 comment:
You're gonna have to take a picture with that sling. I can't picture what one looks like - Evan hated being worn. :-)
Post a Comment