This has been one busy and CRAZY day!
It started with a dream that I was eating peanut butter. I felt SO awful when I woke up! It was one of those dreams where I wasn't sure if it was a dream or not...
Adele was up early this morning (well, 7:15...earlier than usual) and she was ready to play! Cookie had a treat that she was ignoring, so I tried to keep Adele away from it (she always tries to grab them, and I'm SO afraid that Cookie will bite her if she actually gets a hold of the treat!) I played with both girls on the carpet for a while, but then I decided it was time to make breakfast. I guess I figured Cookie had already eaten the treat, because I didn't even look for it when I went into the kitchen. A short while later, I looked over at Adele, and she was clearly chewing something. She had her paci in one hand, and a disgusted look on her face. Sure enough, she had gotten the dog treat and managed to bite it into three pieces. One was in her mouth, and she didn't like it!
I praised Cookie for "letting" Adele have the treat and then rushed to find the bag to look at the ingredients. I've heard that there is often "peanut product" hidden in dog food, and although I've searched her FOOD food high and low, I haven't found anything on the bag that says peanut. Well, this bag of treats was different. "Peanut Flour" is CLEARLY labeled....ARGH! How could I have missed the dog treats when I removed ALL of the peanut product from our house???
I gave Adele benadryl and watched her closely for the rest of the morning. She seemed fine, but tired (probably from both the benadryl and waking up earlier than usual.) I was a little afraid to put her to sleep in her crib, but like I said, she hadn't really shown any signs of a bad reaction, so I put her down for a nap. She only slept about 25 or 30 minutes, but I actually didn't mind that she woke up....it's easier to watch her for a reaction when she's awake!
It looks like she'll be okay, she was looking pretty rashy tonight but otherwise she seemed fine. I didn't even give her a second dose of benadry. I guess we got lucky this time, but I'm not about to try that again anytime soon!
I think I'll pay more attention the next time I have a peanut butter dream, too!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment