Oh, and let's not forget about our new president-elect! It's the first time my vote has "mattered" since I've lived in Indiana...go blue! (Although, thinking that I'll already be back to work when Obama takes over the Oval Office made me sad once again...)
So...it was a bit of a manic Wednesday...But I wouldn't change it for the world!
As beautiful as it was to meet a new baby, it made me sad that Adele has already grown up so fast! Although, she's apparently still "tiny" to some people. I picked up my friend Jenn's little boy, Will from daycare today, and when I told him I was going to meet a tiny, brand new baby he said, "you mean a tiny baby like Miss Adele?" TOO CUTE!
In honor of my "big girl" I thought I'd write about some of the things she is doing now:
She is definitely in a stage where anything that ISN'T a toy is much more fun than anything that IS a toy!
You saw the video of Adele playing with Daddy's shoes...those are one of her favorite "toys"! She really loves all shoes, she even found one at Isabella's house today that she tested out.
This morning while I took a shower she found a box of Q-tips (yeah...we have to do more babyproofing....I know!) Anyhow, she would pull out a Q-tip or two, put them into her mouth, make a face, pull them out and throw them behind her. She repeated that for several minutes, and then just dumped the whole box out and grabbed fistfulls.
The other day I was stirring a mug of tea, she looked up at the sound of the spoon clanking on the cup, so I just had to give her her own spoon and coffee cup. She played with them for ten minutes uninterrupted! She loves having a "grownup" spoon to play with!
She can now climb up our whole staircase, and quickly, at that. The other day, she tried to climb down the stairs. She was fearless, put one hand down the step, then the other, and managed to keep her balance while she got one leg down. She had to turn sideways to get the next leg down (and YES, I was RIGHT THERE the whole time!) However, once she got the second leg down, she looked around and climbed back up. Silly girl!
Her books are in two baskets in the living room. She loves to pull them out of the baskets and throw them all over the floor. But, if I start "reading" from one of the books in her hand as she "throws" them, she'll turn toward me and hold the book up. If I pick her up to read the book, she'll end up sitting through book after book after book! We hope she continues to love reading!
Her teeth are another one of her favorite "toys" She has been biting like CRAZY and it really HURTS!!! I've tried to be firm about saying "no biting" and giving her a teething ring to chomp on, but she's so cute and innocent when she goes to bite you, it's almost cute!...but not too cute. I actually still have marks on my knuckle from where she bit me this morning!
In addition to biting, she's become quite the little "pincher." Her pudgy fingers and thumbs pinch anything and everything they can grab hold of. One of her favorite places to pinch is our necks. She grabs a bit of skin and "rolls" it between her fingers. OUCH!
And...on the other hand, I hear that little Isabella isn't so fond of sleeping at night yet, so maybe it's not such a bad thing that Miss Adele is growing up so fast!
1 comment:
I cannot wait to see this big girl for Thanksgiving. Obviously she's an intelligent person and is going to be a coffee drinker when she grows up!
Post a Comment