Monday, September 22, 2008

8 Months!!!

Wow! Miss Adele is 8 months old today!

For her "birthday", she decided not to take any naps. I actually think it's because Memaw and Gramps went home yesterday, so it was just the two of us at home (and Cookie)...I guess I didn't sufficiently wear her out. She slept for a total of maybe 20 minutes today, but she's in a good mood, so I'll take it, I guess. Much better than a few months ago when she wouldn't sleep but would fuss all day, right?

She has been crawling like crazy today, and cruising as well. We took two long walks, played with bubbles, and even chased a butterfly around the backyard.

I'll have to post again later with some pictures.

***Edited to add***

She did take a nap...finally...at around 6:00 PM...on our nightly walk. She zonked out and slept for about half an hour, maybe more! Amazingly, even though she woke up at about 6:30, she went to bed on time! (7:00). I decided to give her a bath, which I think helped, because she knows that bedtime always comes after her bath! However, she has started DEMANDING that Daddy be the one to put her to bed at night lately. She screams and screams no matter what I do until Daddy snuggles her. Then when he puts her into her crib, she goes to sleep no problem!

No comments: