She kept Gramps company while I ran to Walgreens for some cold medicine. Memaw and Aunt Jenny were gone too, so Miss Adele was excited to have Gramps all to herself!
She took her second trip to the Henry Vilas Zoo on Saturday, with Mommy, Memaw, Gramps, Aunt Katie and Aunt Jenny...the whole clan! She showed a little bit more interest in the animals, as long as they were moving around. She especially liked the ostrich, who was busy nipping at his fence, and the flamingos who kept running back and forth, squawking and flapping their wings.

(I think she wanted to go swimming with him, even though it was actually a bit chilly out!) The grizzly bears were walking around their "pool" and she got to watch one jump in! 
Remember this?
Here she is almost 3 months later (somebody's been eating well...):
She also started pulling herself up on her music table, which she hadn't done before, and she started "cruising" around it...all by herself! She still prefers to "cruise" around by holding my fingers, but she figured out how to get around on her own if Mommy isn't right there.
Here, she started out where the trombone is, and "cruised" around while we weren't looking:
As we were geting ready to go to the zoo, she grabbed Gramps' apple off of the counter and started chewing on it. She actually bit a tiny little piece of the peel off...yum!
She fell asleep on the ride home from the zoo (just like last time) and actually went right back to sleep when I put her into her crib, but then Jaxon started barking, and from there, Miss Adele just wouldn't go back to sleep. She was happy, but I was feeling miserable, so I left her with Memaw and Aunt Katie and tried to rest. I couldn't fall asleep, so eventually I went back downstairs to play with her, and Memaw took a nap (Gramps, Aunt Jenny and Jaxon also took naps).
Aunt Katie and I had a little fun putting Miss Adele into a Pampers box. She didn't seem to mind being in the box one bit, in fact, she seemed to enjoy it.
"It's just my size, Aunt Katie!"
No comments:
Post a Comment