Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mommy's Tired!

I went to bed after 11 last night, and have been up since 4:00 (Thanks to Miss Adele wanting a 4 AM snack, and then me not being able to fall back asleep)....yuck! Adele woke up for the day at 7, she had been sleeping in until closer to 8. Somebody needs to teach this girl about WEEKENDS!!!

Memaw and I went garage saleing this morning...kind of. I saw signs for a neighborhood garage sale on Thursday, so we tried to check it out, but we couldn't find the right neighborhood. Then this morning, we found the correct neighborhood...all 12 houses or so...and only 2, possibly 3 of them were having sales. The one sale we did go to had lots of name brand little girl clothes for about 2 dollars an outfit, so we stocked up on some 12-18 month stuff. So, our trip wasn't a total waste, but I must admit, I was a bit disappointed about the lack of houses/sales in the neighborhood.

What else is new?? OH....a NEW TOOTH! That makes number 3, and 4 is on its way...I'd say it will be here in the next day or so. I kept meaning to take a poll (There are some cool polls you can put on your blog) on which would happen first...a new tooth or Adele crawling...both seemed to be so close but so far away...but the tooth beat me to the poll...oh well. The tooth is her upper left middle tooth...not her "Fang" like I was thinking it would be (her entire top gums have been so swollen, and it really looked like the "fangs" would be coming in first...just like Cousin James). Her right middle top tooth is just starting to poke through, but the little stinker will hardly let me get my finger in there to feel her gums. Poor thing, they must be awfully sore! I'd take a picture, but she won't open her mouth far enough either.

Yesterday it rained most of the day, so we had a lot of quality time inside. Memaw and I both took lots of pictures, some turned out...some didn't! Our busy little girl doesn't like to sit still for too long, so it's sometimes hard to get a good shot anymore.

Reading with Mommy:
"I've got your nose, Memaw!"
We "walked" all the way across the kitchen...it took a LONG time, but I only gently supported the toy so Adele wouldn't push it out too far and take a nosedive. She did the rest of the work.

"Now, lemme see how your nose tastes, Memaw"
Memaw found Miss Adele "sitting" in the path of the balls on her new toy:
A shot from the "rear"She has started to refuse to wear her bib. Until last night, this was one of the few that she couldn't get off. Not anymore!

"Get this OFF of me!"

No comments: