"I won't be doing that again soon" ...
But I can't. Unfortunately, I have to make another 6-plus hour drive home with Adele on Monday.
We left Indiana yesterday to come to Wisconsin to see Memaw and Gramps. Just the two of us. Our trip started out great. It was cloudy and started to sprinkle as we left home. Adele played happily for about half an hour, and then fell asleep. I was thrilled....apparently too thrilled, because it didn't last! One hour into the drive, Miss Adele woke up. It was time for her to eat, so I pulled over at a conveniently placed rest area to feed her.
The second I put her back into her carseat she started screaming. It also started pouring as we merged back onto the highway. Visibility was almost zero, it was raining that hard. Miss Adele continued to scream for about another hour, until I stopped to get gas...in the pouring rain. She was fine the second I took her out of the carseat though...my happy, bubbly baby. I think she even laughed a little. More screaming when she went back into the seat, and except for two little catnaps, that was exactly how the rest of our trip went. I think I stopped 5 or 6 times, and a trip that usually takes 6 hours took 8 1/2....ARGH!
Miss Adele and I were DEFINITELY glad to see Memaw and Gramps! She stayed up past her bedtime, but I just couldn't let her lay in her crib and cry...I don't care WHAT our routine is at home...she had enough crying for at least the next two months in while the car. Fortunately, when she did go to bed, she slept an 8 hour stretch, waking up at 5:30 to eat, and then up for the day at 6:30. Too early for my liking, but she's too cute to resist, plus Memaw was up, and there was coffee...
Well, more later, and pictures too!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment