Friday, September 26, 2008

What a Great Day!

Today Miss Adele and I had quite the adventure! Daddy sent us to Circle Center Mall to pick up Cinnabon for a treat for Grandma and Grandpa. They're coming tonight, and tomorrow is Grandma's 60th birthday.

I was up bright and early getting ready for our big adventure....(Okay, drinking coffee and throwing stuff into the diaper bag is more like it). Adele made sure to sleep in today so that she can wake up bright and early on the weekend. (She's funny like that). I ended up waking her up at 8:15 because I had planned on leaving by 9:30 to head downtown, and she needed to nurse, eat breakfast and get dressed before we left.

She was in a great mood while we got ready and even played by herself in her pack-n-play for several minutes while I tried to convince Cookie to go to the bathroom in the backyard since we wouldn't be going on our morning walk. (She never did...she's stubborn that way).

Finally we headed downtown. Adele slept a good part of the way there, which was odd since she had slept in so late, but I won't complain...I'll take a sleeping baby over a screaming baby in the car ANY day!

In addition to Cinnabon, I was on a mission to get some new clothes that FIT (And that don't look like pajamas...yes, I'm stuck in quite a rut!). Adele was quite the trooper while I tried on clothes, clothes and more clothes! She only fussed a few times when she had been sitting in the same place for a while. She made friends with just about everyone we passed and I got LOTS of comments about how cute she was. (And I didn't even bother to put a bow in her hair today...I figured she'd pull it out when I wasn't paying attention and we'd lose it).

We shopped until it was lunchtime, and then found a good table in the food court that looked outside at busy Indianapolis. Adele liked looking out the window, but was really MUCH more interested in eating! After lunch we did a little bit more shopping, then picked up our cinnamon rolls and headed home. Adele was asleep before we even got out of the parking garage, and she slept almost the entire ride home. I was happy that she was sleeping, but I was worn out too and I realized that her nap in the car meant that she'd be up all afternoon...

...crawling around...

...getting into everything...

...And I wouldn't be able to rest...

(...or even think about the cleaning that I should be doing...)

And that's when I got my migraine!!! Fortunately, although she was very energetic at home, she played very well by herself. So even though I was still busy chasing after her, at least she wasn't whiney and clingy! Although, by 2:30, she was tired again, and clingy and whiney...which made my head REALLY hurt! I tried to put her down for another nap. She fussed, then got quiet, and then I heard her grunting. She already had two poopy diapers today, so I decided I'd better go check on her. I rushed into her room and found her STANDING in her crib....my oh my, the fun is really starting around here, isn't it?!?!?!

Fortunately she did go down for a nap eventually, just as Daddy got home from work. I was able to rest, and my headache went away (I have migraine medicine, but it only really works if I'm able to rest after I take it).

She slept for about an hour and was SO happy to see Daddy when she woke up. She had tons of giggles tonight, and we got some of those on film (stay tuned for the video!). She laughed and played with Daddy during dinner and was a little angel on our nightly walk. I guess today was definitely one of those days where I'm so glad I get to be Miss Adele's Mommy!

No comments: