Monday, September 29, 2008

This Weekend

As I said in my last post, we had a VERY busy weekend!

Grandma and Grandpa arrived on Friday night, after Miss Adele was asleep. She was very happy to see them on Saturday morning. Grandma enjoyed her birthday breakfast of yummy Cinnabon! Adele showed off her crawling and crusising skills for Grandma and Grandpa while I gave Cookie a bath. Daddy and Grandpa went to run a mystery errand while I put Adele down for her nap. Once Adele was down, I gave Grandma babysitting instructions and I headed out to Jennifer's baby shower (Hi Jennifer!).

When I got home (to a great report, minus an afternoon nap...) we headed out to dinner at Charleston's. Dinner was a hit! Adele was a little bit fussy, but you would be too if you didn't nap all afternoon! She held it together through our meal though. When we got home we went for a walk and what do you know, Miss Adele FINALLY decided to take an afternoon nap....at 6:20! She slept for a little while in her stroller while we watched TV, and then when she woke up, I put her to bed.

On Sunday we headed to our favorite breakfast spot, The Roost, where Adele showed off her maners and earned a few compliments from people sitting around us. Shortly after breakfast, Grandma and Grandpa headed out...it seemed like such a short weekend with them! Daddy took a nap, and then we went to the Y where Adele showed off her swimming abilities once again! She "jumped" into the water (well, into our arms) over and over again and would get worked up and close her eyes before jumping, it was SO cute! She also would let me put her on her back, which she hadn't done before, and would kick her legs as I moved her around in the water. We were actually at the Y when we discovered the new teeth.

She fought her nap again, but I did finally get her to sleep from about 4 until 5. I'm thinking that her nap patterns are changing again, because her afternoon nap was a struggle again today.

Unfortunately, we forgot to take any pictures on OUR camera this weekend, so we're waiting for Grandpa to send us his pictures from this weekend. I'll post them when we get them :)

Today we went swimming again, and Adele did even better than yesterday! She smiled and smiled at the lifeguard. She wasn't too fond of swimming on her back today, but she doggy paddled all over (even though I was holding on to her). When I'd put her on the ledge to "jump in" she would hardly sit before plopping face first into the water. She was almost too fast for me a few times! I can't wait to take her again!

It looks like the weather is going to cool off tomorrow, I'm excited! First of all, I love Fall, and second, Adele has a closet full of cool-weather clothes, and it's been near 80 or above almost the entire month!

No comments: