Adele slept for over an hour. I heard her wake up and kick her legs once or twice, but then she was quiet. So, I went upstairs and started making noise to see if that would get her talking (I didn't want to get her out of her crib if she was still resting, but I also wanted to go to the Y while it was still Open Swim). Finally, I decided to peek in on her. She was sitting up facing the corner of her crib (and the corner of her room) holding and "talking" to her baby doll from Aunt Katie. It was SO cute! She turned around and gave me a HUGE smile!
We headed over to the Y, and had a great time in the pool. I swear, the water was warmer than Adele's bath water! It has a zero entry point, so Adele sat in about an inch of water and splashed for a while, then I got a toy out and she crawled in the water to get the toy. She somehow stayed where the water wasn't too deep for her...I wonder if it was on purpose? There was an older woman swimming in the pool, which is shaped like a U, and we were at opposite "tips" of the U. Adele kept smiling at her and staring at her, so I took her over to the "deep" end where the woman was. Adele showed off by splashing and smiling for her. After a while, the lady left and Adele and I had the pool to ourselves. The lifeguard loved smiling at her and talking to her as well. As we were finishing up, more lifeguards came in to start teaching lessons. One named Claudia (I'm writing her name here for my own future reference, I think) stopped Miss Adele and I on the way out and told me what a great swimmer Adele is and how I'm doing a great job with teaching her to swim. I thought that was pretty cool since I haven't really been trying to teach her anything. I have heard a few tips here and there, but I don't think I was really doing anything that anyone has suggested to me. Claudia did give me a few more pointers and then we went to dry off. There will definitely be more swimming in the future! I can't believe how much more fun it is now that Miss Adele is crawling and I don't have to hold her the ENTIRE time we're in the water!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment