Tuesday, March 25, 2008

9 Weeks!




Wow! She's already 9 weeks old! Where has the time gone???

Despite two rough nights, I'm in good spirits today. I desperately miss my own bed...the recliner in Ellie's room is getting a bit old, but hey, whatever helps her sleep, right?

We've already had a busy day. We had stopped swaddling Adele at night and she was doing well, but she's a bit out of synch after our trip this weekend, and has not been sleeping her usual 6 or 7 hour stretches...and once she's awake, she won't go back in her own crib. Her sleepsack is getting too short (surprise, surprise!) and I'm not crazy about the swaddle part of the sleepsack anyhow. So, I decided to take Adele to Babies R Us to buy a different sleepsack/swaddle. I got a flannel one that is much thinner (and hopefully cooler) than her old one. It's also a bit more escape-proof...I hope! We'll try it out tonight!


Despite her smiles when I put her into the carseat, she went back to her old ways and screamed the whole way to the store and back, but that wore her out enough to help her take a nice nap (with her paci, nonetheless!)...she's been out for over an hour! So long, in fact that I got to eat lunch, do some laundary, paperwork AND...bake a loaf of banana bread!!! Woo hoo! I wish I had an excuse so I could skip the dusting...(it's the one thing that drives me crazy lately!)


Cookie is up to her usual tricks...she's currently trying to give her "stick" to Adele. If she looks sad in the picture it's because I keep yelling (in a whisper, of course) at her to move away from the baby...I want Ellie to sleep!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is Adele sucking her thumb (hand?) in the picture with Cookie?

Babyswiss said...

I don't think so...it's just up by her head.