Saturday, March 8, 2008

Super Saturday

I feel like Superwoman! I got Miss Ellie-Belly to sleep yesterday without nursing her (in case you didn't figure it out, that's what she was doing while I blogged yesterday...). She slept for 2 hours, and went for about 3 between feedings! YAY!

She was pretty fussy last night, but I think that's because I'm still working on continuing our routines even when Daddy is home! (It's so nice to let him calm her down or even better, get her to sleep in the carseat while I do my own things for a little while!) She slept well last night, woke up twice, at 3:45 and 6. At 6 I stayed in her room in the recliner and we woke up about 8:30.

So, today I held my ground and got her down for 2 successful naps with the help of her swaddle blanket and the washing machine. (We're working on the washing machine part, but hey...it works...and I typically have at least 1 load per day! The bathroom fan works well too, but I don't really like taking her into the bathroom to get her sleepy!).

Except for a brief fussy time this morning (right when Mima called) she's been pretty happy and playful. I've been doing a good job of keeping her activities in the right order! (Eat, Play, Sleep). I also gave Cookie a bath and took a shower! It IS a Super Saturday! Daddy has had his own time as well. He ran errands with Cookie, got the banking done, played PS3 and watched an episode of his new favorite show: Trailer Park Boys

She has continued to sleep while I've been typing, and I convinced Daddy to cut some celery (the only job on my list today...) If she sleeps for 5 more minutes she'll have made it 2 hours between feedings for the THIRD time today..woohoo!!! We're going over to Daddy's friend's house for dinner at 6. I'm a little nervous, but we can always leave if she gets really fussy! Or maybe I can run a load of laundry for them!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Karen - they say that a vacuum cleaner helps a fussy baby too. I can't remember where I read that; it was a very long time ago. But maybe that would be something to try, instead of taking her in the bathroom. Cookie will probably help you out with the vacuuming. (By providing lots of fur to clean up, I mean.) :)