Thursday, March 13, 2008

Poor Daddy!

Well, I knew it wouldn't last forever! Our streak of great nighttime sleeping ended last night. Adele's 4 AM feeding turned into a marathon fuss session...an hour before Daddy had to wake up for work :( She finally settled back down just as his alarm was going off. Poor guy. He had to go to work...we slept on and off for another 2 or 3 hours.

I guess I should have known better.

Yesterday morning I threw one of her sleepsacks in the laundary...I guess I thought it was dirty. Maybe she spit up on it. I can't remember. I also put most of her blankets in there, but I didn't wash them because I was waiting for a bigger load. At bedtime I put her in her second sleepsack and we started our bedtime routine. She had just nodded off when I realized she needed a diaper change. I decided to wait it out and not change her. Then Cookie started barking. She woke up, so I changed her. She peed all over her sleepsack...so both sleepsacks were dirty. And the one blanket that works as a swaddle too.

I put her in her green sleepsack that doesn't have a swaddle and hoped for the best. It took a while (and finally running that load of dirty laundary) to get her to sleep, but she was asleep in her crib around 10:30. I heard her grunting in her crib at 4. She had worked her way all the way to the bottom of her cosleeper and was looking around with a confused look on her precious face.

It seemed like a normal night time feeding, but an hour later she was fussing and didn't look at all like she planned on going back to sleep. I brought her downstairs so she wouldn't wake up Daddy or Aunt Katie, but Daddy heard us and came down too. Daddy put the swaddles in the dryer, but even that soothing sound did nothing to cam Ellie down. Without her swaddle, I didn't know what to do! I remembered her pink blanket swaddle, (which I hadn't used earlier because it's a little too big and I didn't want to find it over her face!!!) Of course, when I went to get the pink blanket swaddle, I realized that it, too, was in the wash. ARGH!

Around 6 I got her back to sleep, but I didn't want to risk putting her in her crib. I held her in the rocking chair until 9 when the phone rang. We slept on and off. I was too cold, but I made her too hot, so we were constantly adjusting how we sat. At least I got to rest! Poor Daddy!

On a good note, she didn't hate her bath last night! Aunt Katie helped (Daddy was very thankful for this!) and we made it like a shower, and constantly sprayed her gently with warm water. She fussed some, but mostly because she was cold (I think...)

Well, pictures will come later....it's not uploading them again :(

No comments: