Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And She Sleeps...


After being awake for 14 hours straight yesterday, then waking up every 60 to 90 minutes overnight, my little Ellie has finally decided to take a nap! It worked out well because I had my 6-week check up today. I fed her, she fell asleep, and I put her into the carseat. I had about 20 minutes before I had to leave for my appointment, but was planning on driving her around if needed. I didn't need to...she actually stayed asleep!!! She's been sleeping for over 2 hours! Woo-Hoo!

Thank goodness for Daddy last night, I'm not sure what I would have done without him! He was the one who finally got her to sleep around 11...he works magic with the carseat! She loves to sit in there and have you do bicep curls. Well, that's fine with me for about 2 minutes, then I need a break....she HATES it when I take a break, it starts her screaming all over again! Hopefully this means I'll be buff by summer though!

I've been hearing more good things about the 5 S's from The Happiest Baby on the Block from my Babyfit website, so I'm going to keep going with it! I'm assuming tonight will be an easy night since she's napping and is therefore much less likely to be overtired like I know she was yesterday! (now that I said that I"m sure we'll have a repeat of last night..) Of course I know that she's a baby, and babies don't always know what's best for them, but you must realize that she's really spoiled us so far...aside from eating a LOT (every hour still at 6 weeks!!!) , she's a pretty easy baby...what baby sleeps through the night at 5 days old? Come on! I guess that's why days like yesterday (and just yesterday afternoon at that) are so difficult, cuz I'm used to her spoiling me! Yes, I was tired this morning, but I have yet to be really, REALLY sleep deprived! I just have to keep that in mind when she is acting like a baby!

I think I like this Blogging stuff. Especially now that Adele is here! My days seem kind of boring overall, but since little Peaches has yet to set any sort of schedule for herself (I'm going to try to leave it up to her...I just get frustrated when she doesn't do things on my timeline!!!) each day really is kind of exciting! Plus, I get to imagine that I'm actually talking to anyone who decides to read this!

For some reason, talking on the phone is hard for me right now. It made sense in our first few days home from the hospital, I was so out of it, and the pain meds didn't help much! But now, 6 weeks later, I still have a hard time holding a conversation on the phone. I get very distracted. It's kind of like driving and talking on the phone...(not that I'd ever do that, right???) I'm so busy worrying about Ellie that I just can't pay attention to the conversation like I should. So, think of this blog as my apology for sounding out of it on the phone! I know I've cut people off in phone conversations unintentionally (right, Katie???) and I've probably just sounded like a ditz a lot too. Sorry!

Hmm...what else? No laundry today, Daddy did it last night...what a sweetie! And Ellie has kept herself clean for the most part today! She spit up all over me, but I'm used to the "mommy tattoo" of spitup on my shoulder. It's not like I'm going anywhere or have anyone to impress, right?

Maybe a nap for mommy.....

No comments: