Thursday, March 20, 2008

If Adele Could Talk...



She'd tell me how much she hates car rides! (I'd love if she could tell me WHY too...)

She used to love car rides. She'd fall asleep in the car. Now if she happens to be sleeping (yeah right) when you put her into the car, she wakes up and screams the whole time!

We went to Olive Garden today with a friend and her 5-month old. She was happy as a lark when I put her into her carseat. That lasted until we started moving. Then she screamed the whole way there. I've decided that she's not really a 'going to restaurants' kind of girl. Fortunately, the Olive Garden we went to had its own "kiddie section" (meaning that all of the people with infants were seated in the same area) so while Adele won the screaming contest, it wasn't by much.

Before our Olive Garden experience, Aunt Jenny was here. We took the girls out for a stroll (Jaxon stayed here). Ellie did okay for the first half of the walk, then she fussed. I was able to Shush her some, but overall she was pretty miserable. I do wish she'd be better about letting other people hold her! Poor Jenny drove here from Rochester, NY to meet her niece and barely got to hold her (not that Aunt Jenny's idea of fun is holding babies anyway...but still!!!)

Hates car rides, hates her stroller, hates the bath....Doesn't she know she's a baby????

On a good....make that GREAT note, she has started to take naps again. Little cat naps, 10-30 minutes, but hey, at least she's sleeping, and she hasn't spent 30 minutes crying before falling asleep either!!! I just keep watching for her "tired" signs and try to get her to sleep right away, regardless of how happy she seems...or how long she's been awake. I think it's working for us...for today at least!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Easter Adele! I hope that you have a great time with your cousin, and that your mom and dad get some good pictures of your little Easter dress!