
At 5:37 this morning, Adele had her first earthquake. She slept through it...lucky girl! (of course, that's from mommy's perspective. I think Daddy probably liked it!)
All I know is that I was having another sleepless night and I had looked at the clock at 5:15, then I must have fallen asleep for a few minutes before our house started shaking!
For a second I thought it was just strong winds, but the bed was moving, and the wind shouldn't affect things INSIDE the house! We got up, I grabbed Adele and ran downstairs. Daddy turned on the news, but told me to stay in the front room. I started nursing Adele to help her stay asleep, and then Daddy said I could bring her into the TV room. We decided there weren't going to be any aftershocks so we headed back upstairs...or, tried to. I had a panic attack and was scared to go up. Eventually I calmed down and we got upstairs. I decided to go to the bathroom since we were awake, but I had another panic attack. I was afraid to ler Adele out of my sight, and I was afraid of feeling another quake! Eventually, I calmed down again and decided that if there were any way I'd fall back asleep, it would be with Adele in the chair, so she and I got situated (amidst more panic attacks) while Daddy got ready for work. Now I was panicking because I didn't want to be alone! Adele nursed some more and eventually we fell asleep. Fortunately when we woke up at 8 I was done panicking!!! Earthquakes and panic attacks suck!
No comments:
Post a Comment