Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another Busy Day!

Wow! Adele has been going, going, going all day long! Grandma and Grandpa are still here, soaking up all the Ellie time they can get! She has been a doll all day (well, with the exception of a little...okay, big fuss at the park)

After a great night's sleep, she had a great morning. She did some tummy time (we're still waiting for her to roll over again) and had lots of snuggles from Grandma and Grandpa. She played with her peek-a-boo piano, we think it's her new favorite toy! Daddy changed his third diaper of the weekend (I think that brings his total number of diapers changed to around 10!)

Around 1:00 we decided to try taking Adele to another restaurant, a little Italian place that's sure to be closed the next time we drive by (There were only 2 other families there the whole time we ate). She was an angel the whole time! She was quiet on the ride over (it was only like a 5 minute drive, but still!) She needed to be walked around a few times, but never got louder than a fuss! She did cry on the way home, but it was naptime. She fell asleep within 5 minutes of us being home!

Speaking of naps, she's letting me put her down when she's sleeping again! Phew! I'm glad that phase didn't last long (and am hoping it doesn't come back anytime soon!) After her nap, I fed her and then it was time for another adventure!

We decided to brave a trip to the park...we couldn't resist with 60-plus degree temperatures outside! She did okay at first, we even went down a slide together (where was the camera for that moment???) Unfortunately, the sun was very bright and eventually she broke down and started screaming. (This is only unfortunate because Adele doesn't like the bright sun...all of us grown-ups were loving the sunny weather!) It didn't take too long to calm her down once we got home, but she was definitely telling us that she was done!

After our adventures out of the house, we had some down time at home. She kicked and kicked at her peek-a-boo piano with Grandpa...I'm sensing soccer in her future (Daddy is hoping she'll be a kicker on a football team...) The whole time she kept craning her neck to look at the TV (which I turned off) Uhoh! Mommy needs to keep the TV off this week if she's going to start watching it now! Right now she is chilling on the couch with daddy and Grandma, she's just as happy as can be...which is good, because soon it will be bathtime and while she's better about the bath itself, she still cries and cries afterward!

I'll post pictures from this weekend tomorrow, I'm worn out myself right now! Speaking of tomorrow, Daddy goes back to work, and Grandma and Grandpa will leave early, so I'll be on my own again :( I've really enjoyed having him home this past week, and Adele has loved it too! She is turning out to be a real Daddy's girl! By Friday, she would calm down better for him than for me (well, unless it was time to eat...) which is actually very comforting for me. It's nice to have someone else to give her to when she's crying (not that she has done much crying in the past few days, but still...)

No comments: