Sunday, April 13, 2008

Daddy's Funny!

No pictures today...sorry. We have video footage, but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to add video on here. I have figured out how, but appear to be missing an icon if that makes sense....oh well.

Today was a pretty big day for Adele. We finally braved taking her to church. She didn't start out as the loudest baby there, but I think at the end she did bring that title home. We sat in a different spot than usual...close to the door. That was very smart! There were 2 other little babies sitting right by us, and one of them started screaming right away. Fortunately, she was happy when we got there, but about 10 minutes into mass, it was naptime. Surprisingly, she took her paci FROM DADDY! without any problems, but she didn't really want anything to do with falling asleep. (Too much new stuff to look at, I'm guessing) So, he took her into the lobby. After a while, Daddy brought her back in to me because he wasn't getting anywhere with her...but she was calm. I had her almost asleep without even standing up (sometimes she just wants mommy...) but then she remembered that she is Adele and that she must put up some sort of fuss at naptime (or something like that) and she did start fussing. It was my turn to take her into the lobby. Of course, she slept fine as long as I was up and walking around with her, but when I tried to sit down she'd fuss again. And soon enough, mass was over. All in all, I think she liked church, it's just that the timing was off a bit today. We'll try again soon I'm sure.

When we got home, Daddy went to get groceries, and I fed Adele. When he got home, I put her in her bouncy chair and helped put groceries away. Daddy started talking with Ellie and apparently he's a pretty funny guy because she had her first belly laughs and tons of giggles. We tried to caputre it on video, but she clammed up when she saw that we were taping her. We did get one little laugh on tape though. It was VERY cute! I think she has been trying to laugh for a while, but instead of laughs, coughs come out, then she will fuss and think she's upset for a minute....that's pretty funny to watch too, but the real laughs were better!

She had lots of really intense crying today, I'm not sure why. She slept really well last night and although her naps were short, she took several of them today. (The crying usually came right before a nap, or as I was trying to help her fall asleep). The doctor wasn't open on Saturday, so I'm hoping to take her in tomorrow....maybe the rash/infection on her legs is making her uncomfortable, it sure seemed that way tonight. Poor baby!

Well, she's asleep, so I should be going to bed too!

No comments: