On Friday night, Adele and I were playing in her bedroom. She was on her tummy looking into her mirror. She was cooing and talking up a storm, and then...she rolled over! I couldn't believe it! I yelled out to Daddy, and he brought the video camera upstairs, but, just like a baby, she wouldn't do it again. I'm still excited for her!
She had a really hard time going to bed last night. Falling asleep was no problem, it was staying asleep when mommy put her down that she had issues with! I got pretty stressed out (3 hours of trying to put your sleeping baby down will do that, I suppose) Finally around 11, I was able to put her in her own bed. She slept till 5:30 and at that point, I didn't even try her in her own bed again. All day today she has slept on me and wakes up the instant I even think about setting her down. I really hope this is just a phase! It's hard to know whether I should put her down and let her wake up (she screams instantly and doesn't calm down until I pick her up again), or let her sleep on me so she gets her rest.
She has been happy and smiley for Grandma and Grandpa today. She wouldn't roll over for them either, but her head control is pretty amazing during tummy time. I can't believe she's the same little girl who used to just look down at her blanket during tumy time! We took a walk, and she did well for 3/4ths of it! The sun was in her eyes, and Grandpa did a great job acting as a visor, but that was still pretty rough on her!
I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight, especially since tomorrow is Daddy's last day of vacation!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment