Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sleepy Day!


Despite sleeping very well last night, Adele has been very sleepy today! She has taken two naps where she basically fell asleep herself, I just cradled her and gave her the paci. She did the rest! She woke up once from this second nap, but I rocked her a little and she went right back to sleep. She has been sleeping in her bobby on the couch, so I stay close by, but I'm not tied down with her in my arms...I hope that phase is done for good!

With all of this napping going on, I should be getting more done, but I'm letting myself slack this week, since it's Daddy's spring break! I did fold laundary, and I made lunch for Daddy and I. I am still in my pajamas though. It's nice to have Daddy here to play with her during her "happy time" after she eats. He has been working on a DVD project today, and we are hoping to do a "photo shoot" of Adele later. We want to capture her in some of her cute outfits before they're too small (if we're not too late already!)

Right now I am debating waking her up to feed her or letting her sleep. I thought that once I started to blog she'd be up for sure. She did open her eyes for a second, but she's out again. She's so cute when she sleeps!

Oh...two things to add from yesterday:

1. Grandpa (G.) You're in BIG trouble! Yesteday Adele looked at the Ray Charles poster in the piano room and said, "Da." I definitely blame you if her first word is "daddy" and she says it while staring at that poster! (When Grandpa is here he shows Adele the poster and tells her that Ray Charles is her daddy)

2. We were VERY brave last night and decided to act like grown-ups and watch a movie after Adele went to sleep (She fell asleep just before 9) She did wake up once, early into the movie, but it didn't take too long to get her back to sleep (after screaming bloody murder during a diaper change....her diaper wasn't even wet...my bad!) But then she slept through the rest of the movie. She woke up at 12:30 to eat (that's new) and then again at about 6, but she went back down in her own crib after both feedings. I had to force myself to get up and put her into the crib, we were so cozy in the chair. When she woke up at 7:30 after only half an hour or so in her crib, we did go to the chair, because I was pretty sure she wasn't hungry and just wanted to snuggle mommy. She did, and we slept in until almost 9...almost a 12 hour night! Yay!!!

I'll post pictures later, right now the camera battery is charging.

No comments: