Friday, April 11, 2008

So Much Fun!






The one good thing about Adele growing up so fast (I can't believe she's almost 3 months old!) is that she gets more and more fun each day! I've been bragging about her peek-a-boo piano, which is still her favorite, but she has been interacting with us so much more with everything we do! It's pretty amazing! She is also trying to sit up so much...it's crazy to see her strain her little muscles to pull herself up higher!

She is still not reaching for much with her arms, but she loves to kick! She was cute in her bouncy chair, kicking at the toys I hung from the bar. She couldn't care less about the "doggies" that came with it, but she loves when I hang different toys on there. I wish I could have captured her smile when she realized that she could kick those toys today! With as much kicking as she's been doing, I can't help but hope that dancing will be next! I couldn't resist the "little dancer" shoes...they're size said "0-9 months" and they're really too small...come on...her feet aren't THAT big...are they?! Hey, maybe she'll be an Irish dancer, they don't move their hands much, and there's tons of kicking involved in Irish dancing! (Daddy can't believe I just said that, and Aunt Katie is laughing and thinking about the Beckmanns...)

She has also been more and more interested in books. Her favorites are Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? probably because I sing them to her all the time...that and they have really bright, but simple illustrations. My copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar is pretty small, so she hasn't been as interested in that one.

Unfortunately she has some sort of rash thing going on behind her knees so I have to call the doctor in the morning. It has been there for a while, but today it was wet like she was extremely sweaty all day (even right after I would wipe it off). Of course, I didn't decide that I needed to get it checked out until after the office closed for the day. (I didn't want to overreact, but Daddy and Memaw both said to get it checked out...) I believe our pediatrician has hours on Saturday mornings, so I'm at least going to call and see if I can get her in.

I know the quality of the pictures isn't that great this time, but its hard to catch her in action!!!

Well, I'm going to enjoy my evening, since Adele went to bed pretty early (and with that said...hope she doesn't wake up soon!)

1 comment:

Amber Connors said...

It may be eczema (sp?). My friend's little guy has it; they just put a special cream on him and it clears up. :-)