Probably only one that Mommy cares about, but today she fell asleep for Daddy!
Woo Hoo! We had another fairly stressful day, Adele woke up pretty much for good around 5 this morning...that's WAY too early! And she fought me when it came to napping all day long. So, when Daddy got home, I got a bottle ready for Ellie and headed to Target for a break. We needed lots of baby stuff, and it all was on sale, so everything worked out! When I got home, Daddy was working on giving Adele her bottle. She's not too keen on taking the bottle from him, but she drank about 2 ounces....then fell asleep! I couldn't believe it! He didn't have to rock her or anything, she just spit out the bottle and closed her eyes. She only slept for about 15 minutes, but by then it was almost 5:00 and I don't like her sleeping for too long in the evening anyway.
Like I said, she's been going from one extreme to the other today, and has been fighting her naps like crazy! She did sleep on her boppy for about 45 minutes right around my lunch time, which was VERY nice! But the rest of the time, she cried and cried when she got tired and would only sleep (in my arms, of course) for about 3 minutes at a time. Then I had to stand up and rock and shush her all over again. When she was awake (or, not overtired...) and happy, she played and played with her peek-a-boo piano and would scream if I tried to get her to do anything else. I'm so glad Tim and Laura gave her that! It has been a lifesaver today!
No comments:
Post a Comment