Bodily Fluids!
Tae Bo!
Pretty in Pink!
Walk on the Sunny Side
I have been very laid back today, and nothing is getting to me! That is actually saying a lot, because on the whole, it's been a pretty rough day! It started when Adele spit up ALL OVER HER CRIB at around 4 AM. I was excited because her middle of the night feeding was a short one (probably because I forgot to burp her...oops!) I put her in her crib and walked over to the CD player to turn it on for some background noise, and BLAGH! Puke all over! So much for a short feeding! I didn't want to change her sheets at 4 AM, especially since I have to take the mattress out to do so (which means taking the bumper off, etc) so I wiped it up the best I could. Adele just watched me (I had scooted her out of the worst of the mess). She didn't fuss, and had been sound asleep before spitting up, so I decided to just leave her there and see what she'd do. I went back to bed and just waited for her to start wailing. She never did. I guess she went back to sleep, I hope so, because eventually I did too. She also puked all over during tummy time, and she had just been burped!
She was up early, at 7, so I fed her in the chair in her room and eventually she fell back asleep until 8:30 when Cookie couldn't stand it anymore. Everything went pretty smoothly until 11:30. At 11:30, she was poopy, so I changed her. I guess she wasn't finished, because she proceeded to poop ALL OVER her changing table...twice. I hate those diaper changes! Of course, she cried the whole time. It did dawn on me that if she'd been clothed at the time, it would have been a huge blow-out I was changing, so that made me feel a little better about the whole mess!
After her massive pooping, it was getting to be time for another nap...probably the most important nap of the day, because I wanted to eat lunch, and I've learned time and time again that pasta and holding a baby don't go well together! Since she was already screaming, I didn't see any sense in calming her down enough to sit and play on her own while I ate (It would have taken forever, especially since I knew she was getting tired) so I just went for the nap. It took over an hour to get her to stay asleep, and even then, I think she only slept for a total of 10 minutes. (I was eager to set her down as soon as she fell asleep so I could eat). Instead of going hungry (therefore leading to a headache and almost certain crabbiness...) I attempted to eat my leftover pasta while rocking her. I spilled on her new clothes. Of course. Oh well, I already had sheets to wash!
After eating my lunch I decided I'd just go ahead and feed her, since she was adamant about not staying asleep! She ate and was in good spirits when she finished, so I decided to try another one of her favorites; The Swing. I wanted to do some exercising and I figured I'd be too lazy by the time Daddy gets home. Amazingly, she sat in her swing and watched me do Tae-Bo! She probably thought I was just being silly for her benefit :) When I finished, we walked around the backyard (I never thought I'd be thankful for cloudy days...) and now it is nap time again. Unfortunately she's fighting sleep again, and I'm geting tired of typing one handed...
Here are some pictures of my little pink princess! Yes, she was trying to sit up by herself this morning!
2 comments:
She is so cute in that picture where she's sitting in the boppy and you're holding her hand. I love the outfit! And she looks like a little munchkin! (Frodo is a little big jealous because he says that is his word, but it fits her perfectly in that picture.)
that is supposed to say a little BIT jealous
Post a Comment