Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She's sleeping in her crib...

For the third time today! Hooray!!!

She took two short naps in her crib earlier today, and now she's been in there for about 25 minutes. I'm not betting that she'll stay asleep much longer, but at least she's not in my arms! I did tae-bo during one nap, and now I'm blogging. During her first nap, I stayed in the room and patted her to keep her from startling herself...I forgot to swaddle her, and she kept hitting herslef in the face. It's a good thing that nap didn't last long...my legs and back got pretty tired from standing over her crib, but I worked so hard to make her sleep in there yesterday, it was a small price to pay for staying consistent.

We have had a busy day, or at least, it feels busy.

I didn't sleep well at all last night again, I was pretty much up from 3:30 until 7. Then I did sleep (with Adele....in the chair.....oops, so much for consistency there, but I needed my sleep) from 7 until 8 or 8:30.

Adele had some great giggles for me this morning...it was the first time she laughed for me and not Daddy...yay! She had great tummy time too..check out the picture of her watching herself in the mirror...she loves mirrors!



We also braved a stroller ride, it is absolutely beautiful outside today. I swear, Adele has radar or something that tells her when we've gotten as far as we're going...she does fine on the first half of her stroller rides, then screams the whole way home. This time we went to see Clutch...Cookie has been SO good lately, she deserved some time with her "boyfriend." She was excited to see him, but since Adele was there, she didn't play long. She ran over to us just as Adele started to fuss, and didn't put up too much of a struggle on the way home.

Well, I'm going to get some rest...4 hours isn't enough sleep for this mommy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

The top picture in the mirror is so adorable! Okay, they're all adorable, but that one in particular is very, very cute! I can't wait to see her again!