Last night we discovered that Adele's humidifier filter DESPERATELY needed to be changed! It smelled like dead fish in her room...yuck! So, this morning Adele and I headed to Wal-Mart to get a replacement filter. Unfortunately, it is now DE-humidifier season, so we had no luck at Wal-Mart of Meijer. Bummer. Adele is fine without the actual humidifier (in fact, it has been making her room TOO humid in this warm weather), but I am afraid she will miss the noise it makes! Plus, she is a little stuffed up right now, and that's when/why you're supposed to use a humidifier in the first place. Oh well...she will survive! She slept last night without it running, and she's napping without it right now, so hopefully we're okay!
She was incredibly good while running errands this morning! She only fussed for the last minute or so of the drive to Wal-Mart, and did great in the store! A man came up and asked why babies are so cute...we thanked him for the compliment (and told him that its so we still love them when they cry for hours!) And then the woman checking us out wanted to play with her. (I didn't like that too much...I'm not a huge fan of strangers TOUCHING my baby! Oogling over them is fine, but HANDS OFF PLEASE!)
She was a little bit more fussy at Meijer, but it was getting to be nap time, and I was going incredibly slow in hopes of finding a filter! She would fuss for a few seconds and then stop, no full out scream-fest, so strangers (once again) started coming out of the woodwork to talk to her. At least it helped keep her entertained!
She fell asleep on the ride home then. Of course, she woke up when we got home, but that was okay. She was cheerful and talkative while I ate lunch. While she was "talking" she "razzed" her lips and surprised herself into a giggle...it was TOO cute! I am pretty sure she did it on accident, since she hasn't done it again, but I can't wait for her to be able to "razz" when she wants!
I'm not sure if we'll try the stroller again today, but I may just take her on a walk in my arms. Yesterday we saw our neighbors with their new baby, and since another set of neighbors (and their 9 month old) was talking to them, I decided to bring Adele over too (make that: run across the street with Adele to catch a glimpse!). Adele did remarkably well in the sun! (I probably should have had her covered up some more, but she wasn't complaining, so I didn't even think about it!)
Well, as promised, here is a picture of her hat and sunglasses "get-up." And, yes, she was screaming when I took the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment